October 6, 2016
How to Do Traditional Plastering on Wood Lath, a Tutorial. Watch this video to learn how to do traditional plastering the old school way. Leah provides a step-by-step tutorial on how to repair a damaged plaster ceiling in an older home, and achieve professional-looking results.
She takes you from the very beginning of the job, through all the steps required to achieve a beautiful finish…no one will ever know that you previously had a damaged plaster ceiling (or wall). She shows you everything you need to know, including:
- How to prepare the surface for the new plaster
- About the material used for the base coat
- How to apply the base coat
- How to knock down the rough areas, and other steps needed to prepare the base coat for the finish coat
- All about lime and gauging, and how they work together to form the finish coat
- How to mix up the lime, and add the gauging to achieve a smooth icing-like consistency in the finish coat
- How to apply the finish coat
- Tips and Tricks of the trade that will enable you to achieve fantastic results in your own home
You Can Do This!
by See Jane Drill
Copyright 2016, All Rights Reserved
Leah, I just came across your site while looking for help with my plaster walls. Thank you for such fantastic how-to instructions. Your videos are instructional and enjoyable!
Thanks, April! I’m glad you found us. 🙂