The Best Way to Tear Off an Old Roof. Watch this DIY video to learn how to tear off an old roof, in preparation for putting on a new roof. The tool you need to use is just an ordinary garden pitchfork! The pitchfork is the very best tool for the job of tearing off the old roofing material, and we show you exactly what to do and how to use it, including:
- How to Work Safely on the Roof by using a hook ladder
- Where the best place is to start on the roof in the tear-off process
- How to use the pitchfork to remove the roofing material. It’s not exactly easy, but you will be amazed at how effective a tool the simple pitchfork is when it comes to this part of the job.
- The best way to remove the nails from the roofing
- Other tools you will need besides the pitchfork, including a crow bar and hammer.
Doing your own roofing does require some hard work, but doing it yourself will save you a lot of money! Plus, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you did it yourself. You Can Do This!
by See Jane Drill, Copyright 2014, All Rights Reserved