September 30, 2014
Best Way to Sand Drywall. Sanding may be the part of the drywall job you are dreading the most, but it doesn’t have to be that way! Get yourself a pole sander (sometimes they come with a pole, and sometimes you have to purchase the pole separately) and some sanding screen (not sandpaper, but screen) in a couple of different grits, and you will be ready to accomplish the job! Follow these simple written instructions, and watch the attached how-to video, and you will be sanding drywall like a pro in no time at all!
- Pole sander and pole (sometimes they come as one unit, sometimes not)
- Sanding screen in one coarser grit and one finer grit
- Face mask (there will be a lot of dust)
- Cut the sanding screen to size. It should be the same width as the pole sander, and long enough to wrap around the ends to be secured to it. (Note: You can use sanding screen on both sides. When one side gets worn down, you can just flip it over)
- Attach the sanding screen to the pole sander.
- Attach the pole sander to the pole (if it didn’t come as one unit)
- Put on your face mask.
- Put the pole sander against the wall, and push it in a sliding motion with the pole. It rotates so that you can go in any direction, and it works on ceilings as well.
- For the best results, just as you would do with regular sandpaper, start with a coarser grit of sanding screen, and move up to a finer grit.
- When you are done, there should be a nice, smooth transition from the joint compound to the wall, which will allow you to do a great, even paint job!
You Can Do This!!
by See Jane Drill, Copyright 2014, All Rights Reserved