August 27, 2014
Tape Perfect Drywall Corners (Written Instructions). This written step-by-step guide accompanies the video “Drywall/Tape Perfect Inside Corners Every Time” at See Jane Drill.
Tools and Materials Needed:
- Paper Drywall Tape
- Drywall knife
- Drywall Corner Trowel
- Joint Compound (a.k.a. mud)
- Fold your drywall tape along the center crease. This will allow it to conform to your corner.
- Apply joint compound (mud) to the corner (a.k.a. angle) with your drywall knife. Apply the mud to each side of the corner. Be generous with the mud.
- Next, apply your paper tape to the corner. The mud will allow it to stick. Press it down with your hand into the corner.
- Take the corner trowel, and starting at the top of the tape, move it down the corner in one smooth stroke, applying pressure to it with your other hand as you do so.
- Let the first coat set up.
- Next, get ready to apply your second coat of mud. Clean up the wall around the corner of any excess dried mud.
- With your drywall knife, apply more mud to the corner. Put on plenty of mud.
- Then, take your corner trowel, again, and move it down the corner again in one smooth stroke, applying pressure to it with your other hand, just as you did the first time.
- You may need to apply a 3rd coat, or you may decide that the 2 coats is enough.
And that is it. That is all it takes to tape perfect inside drywall corners every time!
by See Jane Drill, Copyright 2014, All Rights Reserved