September 1, 2016
How to Make a Personalized Coat Rack
The school year is beginning, and it’s time to get organized! Why not make a coat rack for your entryway or mud room to give your kids a place to hang up jackets and backpacks?
Better yet, you can personalize your coat rack so that it is beautiful, functional AND unique. This is a framed coat rack that incorporates a decorative element of your choice. You can make it a chalkboard or white board for notes and lists. Or you can use cork board, framed artwork, photographs, or just about anything in the frame. The choice is yours!
Watch this video for step-by-step instructions on how to make one. We show you:
- All the tools and materials you will need to do the job
- How to piece together the various elements
- How to join the wood pieces together, using a pocket jig and screws, and/or carpenter’s glue
- Attaching the backing
- How to attach the hardware (hooks) to the coat rack
- Various design options, so that it can fit into the room of your choice, whether it be a laundry room, a child’s bedroom or a grand entryway!
- Making the coat rack your own by personalizing it with the elements of your choice
by See Jane Drill, Copyright 2016, All Rights Reserved