Install A Toilet. Watch this video for step-by-step instructions on how to remove an old toilet and install a new one. This home improvement is one that is actually much easier than you might think, so long as you follow the instructions. This video shows that this task can easily be accomplished easily, even by the beginner DIY home improvement enthusiast! We show you everything you need to know, including:
- A tools and supplies list of everything you will need to complete this job
- How to select the right new toilet, both in terms of what will fit in your bathroom, and how to make sure you get a toilet that is easy for the beginner to install
- Step-by-step instructions on how to disconnect and remove the old toilet
- Everything you need to know about the flange and the wax ring, and how to replace the wax ring
- A step-by-step guide on how to safely and easily install the new toilet (you will need one other person to help you to position the toilet in place), including how to attach the tank to the seat, how install the new water supply line, and how to attach the new toilet seat
DIY Savings: $400-$500!!
You have some of the best videos that I have ever watched. Thank you for taking the time to do this for everyone.
You’re welcome, Troy! Thanks for writing, I appreciate it.
Love love love your tutorials! So helpful and easy to understand. Are you on TV?
Thank you Litta! As for being on TV, not yet!
I just love watching your videos. Very helpful and so interesting !!
Thanks, Denise, glad you like them!
Great videos!! I just installed a toilet for the first time -and with your video help it was simple! Thank you!
That’s great, Sarah, glad to hear that you did it!
Leah, you are the best teacher ! Thank you for all the great instructions, so clear and you make it enjoyable to learn how to install and save us money !! I love watching you and listening to peaceful work. Thank you !
THAT IS Just wonderful what you are doing. I just got my new house but the toilet is too small and too low. I want to replace it by a new one myself because you. what is the highest toilet size and a good brand to buy please for AROUND $150? I AM ABOUT TO BUY THIS AT HOME DEPOT $188: American Standard Model # 740AA200.020 Internet # 206191729 Store SKU # 1001439092 Cadet Ultra Low 2-piece 0.92/1.28 GPF Dual Flush Right Elongated Toilet in White. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Sorry but I somehow missed your question earlier. I don’t know a lot about the exact model you are planning to purchase, but I can tell you that American Standard is a great brand, as it was an American Standard that I installed in this video, and it has held up well since the video was made. Again, sorry for getting back to you so late! Regards, Leah
I have used several of your videos to help complete some simple plumbing projects. I find them very easy to follow and super helpful. Thanks for your great videos.
Love your videos! One comment on this one. It may be common sense, but you have us put a rag to trap sewer gas…didn’t see or read when to remove it.
thanks, Ellyn! I believe that we put a note about removing the rag in the youtube version of the video, but it may not have come across in the version that is shown on our website. I agree that it is very important to remember to remove the rag!