Watch this video to learn how to re-caulk a bathtub. We provide tips and tricks for the beginner to be able to do this quickly, easily, and neatly, with a beautiful-looking end result. Anyone can re-caulk their own bathtub or shower by following the method shown in the video below and in the attached written instructions. We show you:
- What tools and materials you will need to complete the job
- How to remove the old caulking easily (2 different ways, using 2 different tools)
- How to clean out the area between the bathtub and the wall
- How to use masking or painter’s tape to ensure that the bathtub and the tile wall remain clean and free of caulk
- How to use a caulking gun to apply the silicone caulk, or, if you don’t have a caulking gun, and don’t wish to purchase one, how to apply the caulk from a tube of caulk
- A special trick from Leah on how to smooth the caulk neatly so that it looks absolutely perfect when you remove the masking tape!
- The importance of removing the tape immediately after installing the caulking
You Can Do This!
Copyright 2013, See Jane Drill
Where Beginner Home Improvement Enthusiasts Come to Learn
[…] caulk can allow water to damage the walls leading to mold. There are many tutorials online, but, SeeJaneDrill.com has a great video tutorial, perfect for a […]
You are awesome! Love your videos! Just coped some baseboard with your help. Now getting ready to caulk which I typically HATE doing. However, this time I think it will be much easier thanks to you!
Thanks, Jay, for writing, and good luck with your caulking job!