November 20, 2014
DIY Projects: Build an Interior Wall. Learn how to build an interior wall with our detailed, step-by-step video instructions. We show you everything you need to know to do the job, including:
- How to identify stud center, and what “16 inches on center” means when you are framing a wall up from the studs
- How to space your studs (2 x 4’s) properly
- What the top and bottom plates are, and why you need a double-plate on top when framing up a load-bearing wall, but you only need a single top plate when you are building a partition wall. Also learn about the relationship between the two types of walls with the ceiling joists.
- What type of nails you need to use when framing, and the best way to ensure you are hammering them in securely, as well as the best way to secure your wall while you are hammering the plates to the studs
- How to put up the framed wall, the best way to shim the wall, and how to attach the wall securely to the ceiling, adjacent wall(s) and/or the floor
- The tools and materials you need to accomplish the job, and the safety considerations you should take to ensure your success in accomplishing the job
You Can Do This!
by See Jane Drill
Copyright 2014, All Rights Reserved