Watch this video and see attached written instructions to learn how to change the oil in your own car! We walk you through the process step-by-step, including:
- How to select the right oil for your car from the auto parts store
- An overview of the tools and materials you will need to complete the job
- What it looks like underneath the car, where the oil pan is located, and how to drain the oil from the pan.
- Where the oil filter is located and how to remove and replace it
- Adding the new oil to the car: where the oil port is located, and how to determine the correct amount of oil to add to the car
- Checking the oil pressure gauge
- Detailed overview of the clean up process, including how and where to dispose of the old motor oil
Special note: It is highly recommended that you attempt to do this particular job on a dry, sunny day. It is also a good idea to keep the hood of the car open for the duration of the job, to allow light to filter through to underneath the car where you will be working for part of the job.
Click HERE for Written Instructions
by See Jane Drill, Copyright 2013
We have just install our first toilet. Your video was quite helpful at getting the confidence to do it ourselves.
Thank you so much….
Fantastic! Thanks so much for commenting, we love to hear when our videos have helped people to DIY!