How to Easily Do Your Own Car Tune-Up. Watch this video to learn how to tune-up your own car, truck or SUV. The car tune-up can usually be accomplished in about an hour or so, and you can save $150 to $350 by doing it yourself! In this video, we provide step-by-step instructions on how to do a car tune-up, including:
- An overview of all the tools and supplies you will need to accomplish the job
- What is under the hood, and how to locate the ignition coil, wires and spark plugs in your car. (Or how to locate the coil pack, if you have a coil pack)
- How to temporarily detach, push aside, and secure obstacles to accessing the ignition coil, such as an airbox, so that you have easy access to the spark plugs
- How to safely remove the old wires from the ignition coil
- How to safely remove the old spark plugs, using a ratchet set, spark plug socket, extension and (if needed) a breaker bar
- How to correctly install the new spark plugs and wires.
- Put everything back in place, start the car to double-check that all is fine, and you are done!
by See Jane Drill, Copyright 2013, All Rights Reserved
Leave A Comment