Replace Brakes and Rotors on Your Own Car. Watch this video tutorial to learn exactly, step-by-step, how to replace your own brakes and rotors on your own car. Even if you aren’t necessarily up for doing the brake job yourself, we explain exactly how brakes and rotors work, so that the next time you take your car to your mechanic, you will have the knowledge and understanding to discuss what is going on with your car, and be able to ask questions of the mechanic.
And if you are interested in doing your own brake and rotor job, you can save literally hundreds of dollars by doing it yourself! We place an emphasis on clear instructions and safety, so that you can feel comfortable tackling your own brakes and rotors. We show you:
- How to safely remove the lug nuts and tires
- Exactly how the caliper, brakes and rotors work together to stop your car while you are driving
- What to look for on the rotor and brake pads to determine if they need to be replaced
- How to remove the caliper and the old rotor
- How to remove the old brake pads, and ensure that the caliper and caliper pins are functioning properly
- How to install the new brake pads
- How to install the new rotor, and mount the caliper on the new rotor
- How to re-attach the tire and torque the lug nuts
You know what? You can do this!
by See Jane Drill, Copyright 2014, All Rights Reserved